The Lyonnais Quinquet glasses are inspired by the Fête des Lumières in Lyon, France. This unique Lyonnais tradition happens every year on December 8th where every house has votive candles in little glass containers in all their windows to participate in the festival and light up the streets. We like to use the Lyonnais Quinquet just like this, as a votive and also as a drinking glass! Perfect pair: Carafe
These are entirely made by hand in Paris by La Soufflerie and each creation is unique. Therefore, there may be a slight variation in colour, texture, and size between each piece. On the base of each item, you can feel the pontil mark left by the glassblower’s cane. The presence of this mark indicates that the glass was blown freehand. This is the beauty of handmade.
• Hand-blown using only recycled glass.
• Approximately 7cm high and 6.5cm wide
• Size & shape will vary (approximately 1cm-2cm) from piece to piece.
• Coloured with all-natural pigments that will never fade, even in the dishwasher.
• Each order is hand-washed, wrapped, and packaged with care.